Monday, December 2, 2013

Phil Mickelson to play Scottish Open in 2014

5:40 PM

Share it Please
Phil Mickelson appears to be quite serious about his commitment to links golf. After his British Open in this year he said he's always been perplexed by the courses across the pond.
"I never knew in my career if I'd be equipped, if I would have the shots, if I would have the opportunity to win a tournament here. And to do it, to play some of the best golf, probably the best round of my career, and break through and capture this claret jug is probably the most fulfilling moment of my career," said Mickelson.
It was right after pulling off the double-Open (Scottish and British).
He'll be back to defend both in 2014.
"Winning the Scottish Open was a huge factor in my success the next week at the Open Championship," Mickelson said. "I was able to acclimate myself to the time change, the weather, the wind, the links conditions and all in the heat of serious competition, which itself was a big added plus."
In a year in which Mickelson has promised to scale back his schedule it might be surprising to see him play this tournament again but he's convinced it helps him get ready for the British Open.
The Scottish Open will move to Royal Aberdeen Golf Club in 2014.
No word yet on whether the tournament will even let him back after the trophy debacle of 2013.
Phil Mickelson drops Scottish Open trophy while his daughter tries to catch it. 
Phil Mickelson's daughter tries to retrieve the Scottish Open trophy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment