Sunday, December 22, 2013

Rocco Mediate to tee off in NZ Open

4:55 PM

Share it Please
Next year's New Zealand Golf Open will see six-time PGA tour winner Rocco Mediate attend with Australian favourites Craig Parry, Peter O'Malley and Scott Strange.

Mediate received a text from Champions Tour communications director Mark Williams asking the New Zealander if he was interested. After discussing it with his fiance, Mediate accepted.

"I told Jessica I got invited to New Zealand and we looked at it and I thought, 'That's kind of neat - I've never been there and I've never even been near there'," Mediate told The Heraldfrom Minneapolis.

"So it was probably a done deal then we looked up where it was, the weather and all that stuff and it was finished. It took about five minutes," revealed Mediate

In arguably his finest moment on the course, the Kiwi golfer for almost upsetting Tiger Woods in the 2008 US Open where he lost in a playoff.

Running from February 27 to March 2, the 2014 tournament will be held at The Hills in Arrowtown, Otago.

"I've always liked those. It's kind of like our one over here at Pebble Beach that we play. It'll be fun," Mediate said.

"I enjoy interacting anyway so I'll have a blast with it. I'm just looking forward to coming over and playing in a different place, a whole different world really," concluded the 51-year-old.

Other top Kiwi's teeing off include Micheal Hendry, Greg Turner, Josh Geary and Mark Brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment