Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Rose: It's only sinking in now

4:50 AM

Share it Please
Justin Rose has admitted that he is only getting to grips with being a major champion now, ahead of this weekend's Thailand Golf Championship.

The world number four become the first Englishman to win the US Open in 43 years when he lifted the US Open trophy at Merion, and is confident of capping a great 2013 during his maiden performance at the Amata Spring Country Club this week.

Although the 33-year-old admitted that his achievement is still sinking in, he added that he is eager to win more of golf's coveted titles.

"Wining a major, it's still sinking in," Rose admitted to Sky Sports.

"It's an amazing feeling and a lot of relief. A lot of great players haven't won a major and to get that monkey off my back is fantastic.

"It takes off a lot of pressure. As a kid growing up, I always dreamed of winning a major and it's nice to have that. At this point of my career, it's not time to reminisce; I am motivated to win more.

"To also do it on Father's Day, it was an amazing feeling to share with my late father.

"I've seen my good friends Rory and GMac hugging their fathers (after winning the US Open) and I thought I would never feel that. I was surprised how good it felt, I could feel my late dad was with me that day."

0 comments:

Post a Comment