Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Yet another award for Stenson

4:22 AM

Share it Please

Sweden's Henrik Stenson's outstanding performances this year saw him walk away with the prestigious Golf Writers' Trophy.

As the first player to win both the FedExCup and the Race to Dubai in the same season, the 37-year-old world number three received more votes than US Open Champion Justin Rose and Liselotte Neumann's Solheim Cup team who came in third.

"I think when you look at what others achieved like Justin and the Solheim Cup team it does make it mean that little bit more," said Stenson.

"It's a huge honour and a great reflection on the year I had.

"I'm looking forward to getting a few of these trophies I've won into the summer house in Sweden. It has been such a great year that I can have a few in Europe and a few in my house in America.

Stenson raced to a six-shot lead at the DP World Tour Championship to confirm his Race to Dubai superiority while we also won the Deutsche Bank Championship and the Tour Championship in the FedExCup play-offs.

"What a great thrill it is going to be over Christmas to sit by the fire with my family and take stock of the season, look at trophies such as this one and reflect on the year of my life."

0 comments:

Post a Comment