Saturday, November 30, 2013

Charley Hull stays in contention at Indian Open

11:19 PM

Share it Please
 
England's Charley Hull remains in contention, just a shot off the pace, at the Hero Women's Indian Open.
Thailand's Thidapa Sunawannapura retained a narrow lead after the second round despite adding a 74 to her opening 66 at Delhi Golf Club. Her four-under-par total of 140 was enough to lead by one from fellow overnight leader Valentine Derrey and Hull.
Derrey struggled to a 75 while Hull returned a 72 which featured two birdies and two bogeys.
Sunawannapura, 21, said: "My putts for birdie were all short on the back nine. The greens were trickier and the pin positions were harder. I think it's harder playing in the morning than in the afternoon.
"You cannot expect anything on this course. What's going to happen is going to happen. On 13, today I hit a three-wood into a bush and it came out by two yards. I hit the next shot two yards and then my fourth to the front (of the green) and chipped in for five for a bogey."
Derrey failed to record a single birdie in her round and said: "I missed my drive on nine and made double bogey and then missed my approach shot on 10 and made bogey - that's it.
"I didn't make a putt today. I hit 15 greens, just missed two holes.
"The course is really narrow so you have to hit good shots at the right moment. You have to think where to hit your shot and what to do. I'm going to practice my putting and we'll see what happens tomorrow."
Hull is seeking a first win of a remarkable rookie season on the Ladies European Tour which saw her finish second in her first five events and play a part in Europe's historic Solheim Cup victory in Colorado.

0 comments:

Post a Comment