Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hero's Women's India Open: Charley Hull three off the lead after opening round in Delhi

11:07 PM

Share it Please

England's Charley Hull is three shots off the lead after the opening round of the Hero's Women's India Open at the Delhi Golf Club.
The 17-year-old, who is chasing her first victory, carded a three-under-par 69 which featured four birdies and just one dropped shot on the par-four 13th.
Thidapa Suwannapura of Thailand and France's Valentine Derrey set the pace after shooting six-under 66s, but Hull is well-placed in fourth and was satisfied with her start.
"I hit it pretty good," she said. "I didn't hit it that well in the practice rounds and on the range it was the worst I've ever hit it in my life but I went out there and flushed it again, so I'm feeling pretty happy with my game.
"All in all my game was pretty good. I made a birdie on 17, hit an iron shot to six feet but missed a seven-footer at the last, so a bit disappointed about that.
"Overall I'm happy because three under on this course is good."
Suwannapura had just one blemish in her opening round of 66, dropping a single shot on the seventh but carding seven birdies to more than make up for the disappointment.
Derrey performed even better, posting a flawless round in pleasant sunny conditions to join Suwannapura at the top of the scoreboard.
American Hannah Jun had earlier set the clubhouse lead but eventually finished the day two shots off the pace after a four-under 68.
England's Danielle Montgomery and Kylie Walker of Scotland are six shots off the lead after opening with level-par 72s.

0 comments:

Post a Comment