Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hull to make use of LPGA invites

4:18 AM

Share it Please


Newly-crowned LET Rookie of the Year Charley Hull says she plans to divide her time between the Europe and USA in the coming season.

The 17-year-old Englishwoman says she does not have a LPGA Tour card, but will make full use of the invitations she's received.

"I didn't go to LPGA Qualifying School, but I've got six or seven invites," she told the BBC.

"It'll be half and half on each Tour. I don't want to go straight to America.

"I'm already in a few of the majors, but I don't want to ruin my childhood - I still want to see my mates."

Hull has enjoyed a successful debut season on the Ladies European Tour, with five runner-up finishes (though a win just eluded her) and a successful showing as part of Europe's victorious Solheim Cup team.

She has also been nominated for the BBC's Young Sports Personality of the Year award.

"It's been a really good season and to win Rookie of the Year tops it all off," she added.

"It's an honour to be nominated for Young Sports Personality. That event should be a lot of fun.

"Next year, I just want to get that (first) win and then I'll be super happy."

0 comments:

Post a Comment